Painting Picture Perfect

A Road Less Travelled Is An Experience Unknown. Brushing Through The Lushes Of Green, The Spread Of Flora Scent Drifts Past Across My Cheeks. A Trickling Stream Of Blass, Filling Itself In A Glass. Not Too Salty, Not Too Hot, Taking Each Step UnExplored. A Little Too Sour, Adding Sugar By The Hour. I Paint My Picture Red Blue Black And White, Now I Will Begin To Write.....

Saturday, April 16

Body Wash

This is a very decent entry. It is not one which describes how you should be washing your body. Or how i can provide a comfortable therapeutic washing on your body.

It started way back during my Easter week break. I was out shopping with Clar, oh well, the retail therapy was mostly done by her, I was shopping for my toiletries more likely. Specifically for my body wash ( a particular brand and fragrance). "Health Basics Aloe Vera Body Wash Sorbolene" and it has to be the pink one.
First stop, Safeway Queen Victoria in the city: We found "Health Basics Aloe Vera Body Wash Sorbolene" but it was the green one. It did not appeal to me and so i did not buy it. When i first got here in Melb, i bought 3 bottles from PriceLine and it lasted me for about 1-n-half years (the last drop was squeezed out 4 days ago). And so PriceLine came to mind.
Second stop, PriceLine Bourke St. Again, the green one was on the shelves (there must be a reason that the green ones are left on the shelves and the pink ones are sold out---- I have a good taste in body wash). "Self praise is an international disgrace". Then we came across this promotion corner (more like a stock clearance spot), there were 1ltr Health Basics products on discounts. Since the pink ones are out, i would have to settle for the next best alternative. So i did, i chose the "Vit C n Ginger with Apricot Oil". It was really sweet smelling, fruity as well... quite feminine i must say. It had "New Value Pack" across the plunger bottle. It must be a new concept that they have the plunger bottle now (because the previous one acts like a hanging soap dispenser) I purchased it.

As i was saying, i refilled the dispenser with the new soap 4 days ago when my previous batch of body wash finished. I was really excited with this new smell.... So i did my usual, squeeze for my soap when i bathed. It turned out runny.. and it wasnt like the previous one which was creamy. So i thought, must be a new product or formula Health Basics has been improving on.
On the 2nd night, the excitement of the new soap still is within me, this time i tried it with a scrub. Surprisingly, no lather came out of it... this is getting strange, im beginning to feel that I am not bathing right and I will be feeling dirty if this goes on, considering that i bought 1ltr of this soap. I got out of my showers, opened the cabinet and read the label.. "Aloe Vera Dry Skin Relief Intensive Moisturiser" ... my thoughts went "WHAT??" Was I reading correctly? Still doubting what i just read, i turned to the back and read the finer prints.. "To be used in conjunction with Health Basics Body Wash" and that confirmed by stupidity. Why didnt i notice it when i bought it?? Why didnt Clar point out to me? We must be so blur.......

I had to find my body wash!! Out of convenience, I walked past Safeway Carlton 2 nights ago, with no expectation to find the pink one (since stock has already gone out at the previous 2 stops), I was looking for a different brand altogether.
TADAH!!! I found 5 refill bottles of the pink one!!! I was really extremely, beyond words of description, Overjoyed!!!!! I cant believe it!!!! I found 5 bottles there!!! I bought 4 bottles, leaving the last one for another soul who has 'good taste' like me. This batch of body wash (I am 100% sure this time) will last me for another 2 years i guess. So i learnt my lesson: Read the Labels properly, dont get blinded by the Sale!!
I did not realise that i had written so much, just to tell you about my body wash.
The next time you see me... Smell Me!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 16:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    * sniiiiiffffffff *

    mmmm...divine.

    Just found your blog on a lazy kepoh Sunday...Loved it. Am going to be a frequent visitor.

    Keep writing and make sure you don't wash yourself with body moisturisers anymore.

    Love,
    Celine :)(http://blackdove.easyjournal.com)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home