Painting Picture Perfect

A Road Less Travelled Is An Experience Unknown. Brushing Through The Lushes Of Green, The Spread Of Flora Scent Drifts Past Across My Cheeks. A Trickling Stream Of Blass, Filling Itself In A Glass. Not Too Salty, Not Too Hot, Taking Each Step UnExplored. A Little Too Sour, Adding Sugar By The Hour. I Paint My Picture Red Blue Black And White, Now I Will Begin To Write.....

Saturday, April 30

Sydney University


Thats the big soccer field outside the School Of Physics in University of Sydney. People come to this wide open space for picnics during the weekends. Check out the grand buidling on the top left corner, that leads to the Qudrangle.

Its a Friday and I cant sleep in today. I woke up early to have breakfast with Clar at the Serve. She used her credits to purchase items there. We each got a muffin.. i chose the sausage one while she had the bacon in between. It wasnt good... i think the sausage was a little stale. She had to rush off to Uni for classes. As for me, back to the room to complete my Assignment. I had to get it mailed over to KerHui. I completed it in time and was already dozing off by noon. Clar got back at 2 and we went down to the serve for lunch. (im figuring out if i could post 2 pictures in one entry.. hmm)
We had yellow rice with vegetable curry... eggplant parmesan and grilled fish w/ soy sauce. Everything was edible.. except that the fish was too salty, very very salty. We did not do much in the afternoon, just looking forward to Charmaine's birthday party later in the night.

Headed down to chinatown for dinner. Wow! chinatown was bustling on a friday night!! We went to SuperBowl restaurant, apprrently it seemed to be the only resaurant with a queue. When we got there, I saw lots of people at the entrance and thought we had to wait for a table. Well, i just walked up to the waiter and mentioned that there was 2 of us, he just pointed to an empty table without giving me any queue number. I felt lucky that night. There were couples waiting in line. Dinner was of good quality, combination rice cake and pomfret/prawn dumpling noodles. After filling up our tummies, we took a stroll around Darling Habour, shot some pictures of the night lights and pretty much just enjoying the view and company.
Then I had a craving for ice cream... those at the food court didnt appeal to me, i was specifically looking for the Colombos ice cream. It's about time to walk back to Newtown for Charmaine's party. While walking through the streets, we came across Baskin Robbins. Yes!! Thats my ice cream... and we chose chocolate fudge and berry strawberry, common but not so common flavours. The walk back took half an hour.

Brought a 6-pack to Charmine's place and filled up the 'pool'. The house was dimly lighted, the lamp was covered with pink art paper, looking like a whorehouse. The Singapore flag was proudly hung up on the wall, thumping house music was in the background... it was a really social night. Got to know many of her mates and didnt take long for me to warm up to them. Socialising had to come to an end eventually, took a 5mins walk back to the hostel. Our night isnt over yet, it is laundry night. It costs a dollar less ($3) to do your laundry after midnight. I think it is cheap.. $3 for a load of 7kg, but who has 7kg of clothes to wash at one time? Well, not me. While waiting for the clothes to be done, I got hungry.... guess where i went? Thats right, Istanbul, for a pizza.... Feeling satisfied, Clothes Washed, Am Clean, Time to Sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 22:51, Blogger ablazegal said…

    wow looks like u guys are having fun! Keep up the good cheer and enjoy Clar's company!! Make the best of it.. - Gin -

     

Post a Comment

<< Home